- Securely connect either IT-E131 to a DB-9 pin on-board serial port or IT-E132 to an unused USB port.
- If using IT-E132, be sure to install the correct drivers (drivers are downloadable from www.bkprecision.com). After installation, verify in Windows "Device Manager" the virtual COM port it is assigned to and make note of this.
- If using the provided PV1785B-1788 application software, be sure the instrument settings match with the software settings. Specifically, check that the baudrate and address matches. The default baudrate is 9600 and address is 0.
- If you plan to create your own interface software, be sure to check the following for the serial settings:
- Matching baudrates with the instrument (4800, 9600, 19200, or 38400)
- 8 Data bits
- 1 stop bit
The attached documentation provides a quick guide to understanding the remote protocol structure of the series with some examples to demonstrate the use some functions. This is a supplemental reference to the remote protocol section of the user manual, to which the entire list of valid protocols are listed and described for those developing custom applications for testing.