Applicable Models: 1696, 1697, 1698
Software: SDP software (included with instruments)
Operating Systems: Windows 2000/XP
Q: How do I run a loaded external program from SDP software for 169X power supply?
A: In order to run a loaded external program from a saved file, do the following:
1. Select Open folder icon and locate the stored .xls file where the external program parameters are stored.
2. Verify by clicking the "External Timed Program" tab to ensure the correct parameter lists are loaded.
3. The software needs to update once with the power supply before program can start to run, otherwise it will not respond when "Run" is clicked immediately.
4. To do this, select "Internal Present Memory" tab.
5. At the bottom, click on the button labeled "Read Fro PS".
6. This will update the status display on the left grey box area of the software.
7. Now, select the "External Timed Program" tab again and click "Run".
8. The program should now run, and data will start to log when you click "Data Log".