Applicable Model: 2640
Update: As of July 12, 2012, the AK2640 updated version software can support Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit OS without the instructions below.
If you are having trouble remote interfacing with the 2640 field strength meter using the AK2640, there may be a work around solution by following these steps:
- If you have the AK2640 software installed, please do a complete uninstall first and restart your system.
- After reboot, reinstall the Ak2640 onto your computer.
- Turn on the 2640 and push the Menu key and select BAUD RATE, then press Enter.
- Verify that the setting is selecting the default, which is 115200. Press Enter once you have this baudrate selected.
- Now, from the menu, select CONNECT PC and select REMOTE PC. Press Enter.
- The main screen will now say "REMOTE PC" in the center of the graph.
- Now, execute the AK2640 software. At first, you may get a message that says "Communication fail!!!". Click OK to close this window.
- Now, from the top menu, select Setup and select Port Close.
- Now, select Setup again and go to select Port Set.
- Check the correct COM and baudrate. COM should be COM1 or COM2 on most PCs with a physical serial port. Verify this in Device Manager to confirm. Now, click OK.
- Before doing anything else, close the software by clicking X button to close the entire software window.
- Now, execute AK2640 software again. The "Communication fail!!!" message should no longer appear and you should now be able to remotely control the instrument using the AK2640 software.