Applicable Software: WaveXpress
Q: WaveXpress does not launch. What is the problem?
A: Any of the below could be the reason for it not launching. Please check all items to ensure it is setup and installed correctly.
1. Check that all the Python installation packages that are required are installed during the installation. To verify what is installed in your system, go to Device Manager and check that the following are listed:
- Python 2.6.5
- Python 2.6 nympy-1.4.1
- Python 2.6 pyserial-2.5-rc1
- Python 2.6 PyVISA-1.3
- wxPython 22.214.171.124 for Python 2.6
2. Be sure that you do not have other versions of Python installed. If your system has older versions such as Python 1.5, errors may occur while running the application files, causing no response.
3. Be sure that you are installing on an Operating System that WaveXpress is compatible with. The software has been tested in Windows XP and Windows 7, 32-bit and 64 bit versions.
4. Be sure that you have administrative access when installing and running the software. Otherwise, software may not install or launch correctly.