Problem: The display is always showing 4080 / 6.001 even when power cycling the instrument.
- Turn off the device.
- Open up the battery compartment and remove the battery.
- From the back side facing up, locate on the right side of the battery compartment a plastic switch. Embossed on the plastic next to the switch in the back of the battery compartment labels:RMT OFF and RMT ON
- Make sure the switch is set to RMT OFF.
- Then, insert battery and power on the device again. It should boot back to normal measurement display.
- If not, power off again, wait for a few seconds, then power ON. You can also try pressing the L/C/Z/DCR and Range Hold buttons simultaneously, then power off and on again.